I've finally managed to make a card for the current Butterfly challenge. I'm so glad we have two weeks to work on our entries.
The challenge is G for grape and/or glitter. I wanted to get both on.
I stamped and coloured the flowery panel and then mounted it on a card with part of the front cut away so it is under the cardbase, if you see what I mean. I'm not sure if it is very clear here.
I've used two thin strips of card to lift the front slightly at each side so the card sits over the panel and slightly raised but not as far as foam pads.
One butterfly is partially cut out so it overhangs the panel. The trouble with cutting out butterflies is that there is often small detail which you lose if you cut so this solved that problem.I wish I'd thought to cut out the other one too.
I've coloured the butterflies and then added a little glitter on the wings and in the centres of the flowers.
When I had finished, I wasn't sure about the colours working so I nearly made it again in pink instead of yellow but restrained myself. It does look lovely and sunny. I might try again though as I do like the idea. (Which is not original but I can't find the source. If it was you, thank you and sorry for pinching your idea!)
This is all made from snippets so I'm tripping over to Pixie's Snippets Playground, where the gates are always open and there is fun in the Tree House as well as the Butterfly Challenge.